To revise an existing program, you will need to submit a program revision form through the Curriculog system. The system contains one program revision form to be used for both undergraduate and graduate programs. *PLEASE NOTE: For revised minors, please provide a side by side breakdown with your forms for review by the Senate Committee on Curricula.
Changes to an existing program must be submitted to NYSED in these instances:
- Cumulative change from the Department’s last approval of the registered program that impacts one-third or more of the minimum credits required for the award
- Changes in a program’s focus or design
- Adding or eliminating an option or concentration
- Eliminating a requirement for program completion (e.g., the elimination of an internship requirement)
- Altering the liberal arts and science content in a way that changes the degree classification, as defined in Section 3.47(c)(1-4) of Regents Rules
- Establishing a dual degree program (involving 2 degrees) based on existing registered programs
- Program title
- Program award
- Mode of delivery (e.g., change to an accelerated format)
- Format change (e.g., from full-time to part-time)
The Change or Adapt a Registered Program form and additional information can be found on the NYSED website http://www.highered.nysed.gov/ocue/aipr/register.html.
Submit the completed NYSED form(s) into the Curriculog system, attaching the forms to the program revision proposal. Instructions regarding program revisions can be found in the Syracuse Curriculog User Guide.
Adding the distance education format:
Complete the Application for Addition of the Distance Education Format to a Registered Program. Submit the NYSED application along with your program revision form in the Curriculog system.
- register a program that prepares candidates for teacher/leader certification
- register a program that prepares candidates for a professional license
The procedure and forms have not changed. The forms and additional information can be found on the NYSED website http://www.highered.nysed.gov/ocue/aipr/register.html. Submit completed NYSED forms, along with the appropriate Catalog template, into the Curriculog system when completing the program revision form, attaching the documents as additional files.
Instructions for submitting a program revision in the new system can be found in the Syracuse Curriculog User Guide.