Criteria for recommendations for an honorary degree include, but are not limited to, the following considerations. The committee’s judgments represent a fluid process to which firm categorical criteria can not be applied.
- Outstanding achievement in an academic field, the arts, business, etc.
- Innovative and creative achievements;
- Humanitarian deeds and the degree to which the candidate’s activities have touched various lives;
- Extent to which candidate’s achievement represents sustained efforts over the course of his/her career;
- Extent to which candidate represents an outstanding model for our graduates;
- The honor brought to SU should the candidate accept the nomination.