- The Course Proposal Form (DOC) has been further revised for the academic year 2013-14. Specifically:
- CONSULTATION: If the course content overlaps with other courses offered in your own or other SU schools/colleges or SUNY-ESF, consultation with the department chair(s)/program director(s) of those academic units is required. Please list the department chair(s) /program director(s) consulted, and provide the actual e-mail and response. The date of the consultation must be within one year of submission.
- The Course Proposal Form (DOC) has been revised for the academic year 2013-14. Please be sure to use the new form.
- The Course Syllabus Template (word) is recommended for use in all new courses.
- NYSED has changed the forms and submission process for some types of program proposals. Check out the new information on the Proposing New Programs and Program Changes pages.
- The revised Program Cover Sheet (.docx) must be attached to all proposals for new programs and program revisions. Do not use a program cover sheet dated prior to 06/17/12.
- Program Revision Checklist (.docx) is a handy guideline for use when assembling program revision proposals.
- Minor Catalog Template (.docx) to be used when submitting a new or revised minor.
“The Committee on Curricula shall study the curricula of the various schools and colleges, consider all requests for curriculum and course changes, and recommend action on such changes to the Senate. This Committee may initiate suggestions to the several departments designed to improve their curricula and courses, but it shall concern itself primarily with curricular matters affecting the University as a whole.
(From the BYLAWS OF THE SENATE OF SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY, ARTICLE V. STANDING COMMITTEES, Section 13, as amended during the 2011-12 session of the University Senate.)