Proposals to change an existing program require the following:
For changes that don’t require NYSED approval, submit items 1-5 listed on the Program Revision Checklist.
Changes to an existing program must be submitted to NYSED in these instances:
- Cumulative change from the Department’s last approval of the registered program that impacts one-third or more of the minimum credits required for the award
- Changes in a program’s focus or design
- Adding or eliminating an option or concentration
- Eliminating a requirement for program completion (e.g., the elimination of an internship requirement)
- Altering the liberal arts and science content in a way that changes the degree classification, as defined in Section 3.47(c)(1-4) of Regents Rules
- Establishing a dual degree program (involving 2 degrees) based on existing registered programs
- Program title
- Program award
- Mode of delivery (e.g., change to an accelerated format)
- Format change (e.g., from full-time to part-time)
The Change or Adapt a Registered Program form and additional information can be found on the NYSED website http://www.highered.nysed.gov/ocue/aipr/register.html.
Adding the distance education format:
Complete the Application for Addition of the Distance Education Format to a Registered Program. Submit a Program Cover Sheet and the completed form to the Senate Committee on Curricula† in pdf format.
- register a program that prepares candidates for teacher/leader certification
- register a program that prepares candidates for a professional license
The procedure and forms have not changed. The forms and additional information can be found on the NYSED website http://www.highered.nysed.gov/ocue/aipr/register.html. Submit completed NYSED forms, a Program Cover Sheet, a narrative description of the proposal (1-3 page summary including rationale, targeted audience, curriculum and faculty) and a Catalog Program description to the Senate Committee on Curricula† in a word doc.
† Submit to Senate Committee Curriculum Office, firstname.lastname@example.org