A syllabus is required for all new, regularized, and significantly revised courses. Please use the appropriate syllabus template based on course level. Working copies of the syllabus templates may be obtained from your school/college curriculum coordinator or by contacting Kelly Bogart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduate Syllabus Template 2020-21
- Undergraduate Syllabus Template 2020-21
- Combined Syllabus Template 2020-21
*Reminder: All curriculum proposals must be submitted through the Curriculog system. Therefore, the majority of the program information is collected in the system. The following forms will still be relevant during the curriculum process for New York State Education Department (NYSED) and university catalog updates.
New programs must first be approved through the Provost’s Office. When proposing a possible new program, please utilize the information in the New Program Toolkit to begin the approval process. The most recent Toolkit forms and instructions can be obtained by contacting Katie Rupert in the Academic Affairs Office.
New Program Application (Bachelor’s, Masters, Certificates)
*Note: the NYSED webpage will also provide information and links regarding:
- Registering a new program, certificate, or CAS
- Proposing to change or adapt an existing registered program
- Adding distance learning to a new or existing program
- Master Plan amendments
- External Reviews
Proposals to register a program that prepares candidates for teacher/leader certification; register a program that prepares candidates for a professional license can be found here.
*REMINDER: Changes to an existing program must be submitted to NYSED in these instances:
- Cumulative change from the Department’s last approval of the registered program that impacts one-third or more of the minimum credits required for the award
- Changes in a program’s focus or design, including a change in the program’s major disciplinary area
- Adding or eliminating an option or concentration
- Eliminating a requirement for program completion, including an internship, clinical, cooperative education, or other work-based experience, capstones, or final examinations
- Altering the liberal arts and science content in a way that changes the degree classification, as defined in Section 3.47(c)(1-4) of Regents Rules
- Program title (NOTE: proposal MUST include a termination date of the current program title)
- Program award
- Mode of delivery (NOTE: if change involves adding distance education format, the “Application to Add the Distance Education Format to a New or Registered Program” must be completed)
- Format change that alters the program’s financial aid eligibility
- Change in the total number of credits of any certificate or advanced certificate program
PROGRAM REVISIONS – 2019-20 Side by Side – A side-by-side program revision form is required to be submitted in Curriculog for all program revision proposals. A working copy of the form should be obtained from your school or college curriculum coordinator.
CATALOG TEMPLATES – Should be submitted with new program proposals. Working copies of the catalog templates should be obtained from your school or college curriculum coordinator.